5 years creating visual design and marketing tactics for startups, with a background in fine arts and a foundation in providing great customer experiences.
Best thing about my job:
People make all the difference, and I love the team here. Joel and Nathan have fostered an environment where we can learn and grow together. Everybody is smart, considerate, and hard-working. I enjoy the freedom to contribute my own ideas and take ownership.
These are a few of my favorite things:
- Best movie/show ever: My favorite movie(s) are the Lord of The Rings (I saw the first one 10 times in theater as a teenager). Favorite tv show (recently)...I found The OA really fascinating and well written. And the Handmaid’s Tale. And Stranger Things. I need to catch up on Game of Thrones. That’s definitely more than one.
- My favorite food: Kafe Neo! It’s delicious Greek/American food.
- I love to visit: I’ve only been up and down the West coast from Canada to Mexico, but I’m a true PNW girl. Washington will always be home. I love visiting the San Juan Islands the most. We spent a lot of Summers there when I was young, so they hold a special nostalgia for me.
- I root for: Gandalf. That counts, right?
- Best concert attended: I enjoy going to shows, so this is a tough one. My favorite is tied between two: an MxPx show at El Corazon in Seattle (2004) and the Crywolf concert I saw last year in Portland, OR.
- Favorite TV show as kid: We watched a lot of WB and Ace Acme cartoons as kids on Saturday mornings. One of my favorite childhood movies was this strange animated movie called “Samson and Sally, Song of the Whales”. I watched it obsessively.
- I’d like to meet (living or dead): C.S. Lewis. His philosophies and perspectives are incredibly interesting. I would love to sit in on a conversation between him and the other Inklings like Tolkien.
- Four-legged friend: I’m a cat person. We have two cats, Calvin and Munch.
- When not working, I enjoy: Creative outlets; drawing, reading, and cosplay. The last few years I’ve been attending Emerald City Comicon with my son, and it’s fun to plan and create costumes together.
- Favorite Giphy: “Deal with it”...